Many of our Fragrance Familia shoppers have expressed their desire to travel more in 2024. Instead of using hotel soaps, they'd much rather use our luscious scented luxe soap bars that have become quite popular!
But are there any rules established by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) when it comes to soaps in the skies? Let's take a closer look!
TSA Rules for Bar Soaps on Planes
The good news for Fragrance Familia shoppers is that bar soaps are indeed allowed on planes in both carry-on and checked luggage with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA)! They're not subject to the same restrictions as liquids, so there's no need to worry about size limits or quart-sized bags.
Here's the breakdown of TSA rules for bar soap:
- You can bring unlimited bars of soap in your carry-on luggage.
- There are no restrictions on the size or weight of the bars.
- You don't need to put them in any special bags or containers.
- You can also bring unlimited bars of soap in your checked luggage.
- There are still no restrictions on size or weight.
- Just pack them securely to avoid them getting damaged during transit.
However, here are a few additional tips for Fragrance Familia shoppers to keep in mind:
- Let the bar soap dry completely before packing it. Wet soap can get mushy or leak, making a mess in your luggage.
- Wrap the bar soap in a reusable cloth or beeswax wrap. This will help prevent it from making your other belongings smell.
- Consider replacing other liquids with solid alternatives. Many brands now offer shampoo bars, conditioner bars, and even deodorant bars that are perfect for travel.
With this in mind, carry all the Coconut Butter Soap bars you can handle on your next travel adventure! Keep in mind that the TSA also has favorable rules when it comes to bringing solid soy wax candles on a plane.
As a fellow fragrance lover, I'm curious... Do you pack your own soap bars with you when you travel by plane, or do you like to hunt for hidden gem soaps in your destinations? Share your travel soapy secrets with Fragrance Familia in the comments below!